Hatikvah - A Blog About Life in Rabbinical School

Matt and Jen's blog about their adventures while Matt is in rabbinical school. Hatikvah, the name of the Israeli national anthem, means "the hope." This blog reflects their many hopes and adventures about their experiences during this process.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Even the Dentist Knows

I'm still in shock that we finally received word this morning! Even though our acceptance has arrived, I still have the nervous tick to check my mail every 15 minutes to see if the acceptance is there. Though I'm still a bit in shock, I've started planning. Now I can really go out and buy the year's supply of shampoo, deodorant, and make-up that I've been told is expensive or hard-to-come-by in Israel. That's really how I show my excitement -- more planning :)

Matt, on the other hand, shows his excitement by telling everyone he knows or comes into contact with. I mean this literally. I don't think we had even finished reading the acceptance letter before he mass emailed all our friends and family. A few hours later, he was announcing our trip to Israel to everyone in the dentist's office; I could hear the conversation all the way across the building!

Well...back to planning for me. What size suitcases should we bring? We've been told we can bring a maximum of two, we think should only weigh up to 70 pounds. But how do we maneuver two large suitcases plus carryons? I'm making diagrams....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home