Hatikvah - A Blog About Life in Rabbinical School

Matt and Jen's blog about their adventures while Matt is in rabbinical school. Hatikvah, the name of the Israeli national anthem, means "the hope." This blog reflects their many hopes and adventures about their experiences during this process.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

I Think My Shoes Are Done

I have constantly worn one pair of tennis shoes for the eleven months we've been here. Thus, these shoes have been worn down. However, their soles are in fine shape. It's the toes and sides of the shoes that have frayed to nothingness. Jen has been begging me to replace these shoes for months and Eve calls these shoes my "flip flops."

I have been holding out because, besides the large hole in the right toe, these shoes are just fine and they will last until we leave. Now, I am saddened to report, today is likely to be the last day I wear these shoes because they will not be worn on the plane, they will not be in my carry-on luggage, they will not be in checked baggage, and they were not packed among the boxes destined for the slow boat to L.A.

Goodbye shoes!

(Please note that I never wear shoes like this without socks, the sock-less foot is simply an overly dramatic representation of the hole.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Eve said...

I don't believe you that you normally wear socks... I think your socks just have a hole in them too!!

9:57 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home