Hatikvah - A Blog About Life in Rabbinical School

Matt and Jen's blog about their adventures while Matt is in rabbinical school. Hatikvah, the name of the Israeli national anthem, means "the hope." This blog reflects their many hopes and adventures about their experiences during this process.

Friday, May 12, 2006

No Time to Read

For the past few years, I've attempted to read 52 books each year. In 2005 and 2004, I only read 54 and 53 respectively. 2002 and 2003 were better with 78 and 65 each. However, while the beginning of 2006 was great (28 books so far), I have only finished one book this month. We're simply so busy with the logistics, talking, and planning regarding a trip of this magnitude that I just haven't been reading as much as I usually do.

Plus, I've been studying my Hebrew as much as possible to be ready because I'm leading the first part of the morning shul (synagogue) services on June 3, which is not only my birthday, it's also the second day of Shavuot, and is Shabbat, all rolled into one. This will be the first time I've led any part of a service since my Bar Mitzvah, and I'm not too impressed with my performance back then.

Shabbat Shalom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home