Hatikvah - A Blog About Life in Rabbinical School

Matt and Jen's blog about their adventures while Matt is in rabbinical school. Hatikvah, the name of the Israeli national anthem, means "the hope." This blog reflects their many hopes and adventures about their experiences during this process.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Geoff Is Safe!

The aforementioned friend who stayed with us, Geoff, has arrived, after a harrowing journey, to his kibbutz near the desert city of Be'er Sheva. His multi-hour bus ride there was quite an ordeal and since Geoff doesn't have a blog (yet), I'll quote from his email...

The Jerusalem bus station was packed with soldiers. I waited about an hour for the bus, only to have about forty soldiers push ahead of me to get aboard. As my luggage was already loaded, waiting for the next bus was not an option, and I therefore found myself physically having to push my way into the bus, shoving Hassidim out my way right and left. I was able to secure a nice seat on the floor of the bus for the entire two hour ride.

Anyway, he's now there and working all day every day. We're definitely going to try and visit - it'll be an interesting place to see. However, I think we'll take a cab!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home