Hatikvah - A Blog About Life in Rabbinical School

Matt and Jen's blog about their adventures while Matt is in rabbinical school. Hatikvah, the name of the Israeli national anthem, means "the hope." This blog reflects their many hopes and adventures about their experiences during this process.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Still No Letter

As of today, we still have one more piece to receive in the visa puzzle - our original acceptance letter has yet to arrive.

We cleared out our schedules today (Tuesday) and tomorrow (Wednesday) to take a trip to San Francisco the moment the letter arrives (although the consulate is only open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.). I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the letter to be in today's mail, otherwise we have to wait until next Tuesday to go because we're headed to New Jersey for the weekend for my cousin Jeremy's engagement party (since we will unfortunately not be able to attend the wedding while we are away :(

I cancelled our cellular phone service today, effective June 7. We'll be 12 days without a cell phone. I have been attached to my cell 24/7 for the past six years due to my work as a staff member or volunteer with the American Red Cross. It will definitely be strange to be without it!

This morning we also went shopping for future presents for my nephew, who is just under four months old. Jen's wrapping presents for him for his first birthday and Hanukkah, both of which we'll miss in person but he's getting lots of fun stuff from Toys R Us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home