Hatikvah - A Blog About Life in Rabbinical School

Matt and Jen's blog about their adventures while Matt is in rabbinical school. Hatikvah, the name of the Israeli national anthem, means "the hope." This blog reflects their many hopes and adventures about their experiences during this process.

Friday, June 23, 2006

A Long Journey

While Matt and I were sitting yesterday in the beautiful St. James's Park, near Buckingham Palace, we watched the various fowl enjoy the pond and started talking about how we were feeling. I then realized that my last update about this on the blog was that I felt like I was headed for a two week vacation in New York (rather than a year in Israel).

Well, my mind has finally come to terms with the fact that I'm not in New York. Although it still feels a bit strange to be in London, I do feel like I'm on a journey. I also realize that this is not a two-week journey.

I feel a bit more like I did when I first went off to college. Or like when I first moved to Los Angeles. It's an exciting feeling. There's a realization that you are breaking away from your usual routines, stepping outside of your comfortable norms. You are entering an unknown, with mysteries to explore. This is how I feel.

London is wonderful, but I feel like it is just a prelude to the real adventure. I'm a bit surprised at myself, but I keep looking toward next Monday with anticipation for that will be the real beginning of our year-long journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home