Hatikvah - A Blog About Life in Rabbinical School

Matt and Jen's blog about their adventures while Matt is in rabbinical school. Hatikvah, the name of the Israeli national anthem, means "the hope." This blog reflects their many hopes and adventures about their experiences during this process.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

On Their Way

Today, I mailed three large boxes of books (12" x 16" x 4") using the postal service's M-rate (only books can be shipped and the box of books get thrown into a sack for oceanic transport.) The total was only $48! That's not too bad! We might send more books before the week is out as I keep ordering things on Amazon. However, the books usually take 8 weeks to arrive.

We're up to about 30 pounds of books for carry-on and to pack in our luggage. It's really difficult to weed through these books to limit the number we bring for immediate access.

Today I dropped Jake (our border collie) off at my mom and brother's house, so I'm sad to see him go but know he's going to have a good time. I just hope he remembers us when we get back. :(

I've fully transferred my entire life onto the laptop I'm going to be using. I've wanted to make the switch from desktop to laptop for a while so now it's finally happened. I don't mind the smaller keyboard but I absolutely have to use an external mouse to accomplish anything.

We might have a place to live from June 26-August 1; the landlord is going to be calling me to discuss "further details" soon, hopefully.

Our to-do list has shrunk to about 19 items. We're not doing too badly.

If you'd like us to address a particular issue or answer any questions, please don't hesitate to post it as a "comment" below!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Matt and Jen!

It must have been difficult to take Jake to your mom's house, but now you know that he will have a grand old time. My dog Angel and I are inseparable, and I hate to leave her with anyone while we are on vacation, but I know that she will also have a great time with the other dogs. Praise the Lord that you are moving through your to-do list and that you have your visas! Hallelujah!

Joanie

2:41 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home