Hatikvah - A Blog About Life in Rabbinical School

Matt and Jen's blog about their adventures while Matt is in rabbinical school. Hatikvah, the name of the Israeli national anthem, means "the hope." This blog reflects their many hopes and adventures about their experiences during this process.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Books and More

It was my birthday last Saturday and fortunately, I received several gift certificates from Amazon.com. So, today I ordered a bunch of books that I want to take with on our trip. I think books are going to end up being the heaviest component of our luggage. The pile of "Books to Bring" grows larger every minute. The post office does have a special rate for books but they take 4-6 weeks to arrive so we'll have to be very picky about which books to take on the plane.

Today we also received an email from a fellow soon-to-be CY student who found our blog and wrote, providing a plethora of fantastic information and contacts that will help us in the next two weeks (EEK!) of preparation four our departure.

We think that Jen is going to buy a laptop here before we go instead of risking shipping her desktop. We both need a computer to do our work online and we do already have one laptop (Jen's) so Jen gets a new one and I get the hand-me-down. :)

Still no visa, but then again, FedEx could not have brought it today because the consulate was closed on Friday for Shavuot. I'll watch for the truck tomorrow morning...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home