Hatikvah - A Blog About Life in Rabbinical School

Matt and Jen's blog about their adventures while Matt is in rabbinical school. Hatikvah, the name of the Israeli national anthem, means "the hope." This blog reflects their many hopes and adventures about their experiences during this process.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

More Hebrew?

One of my main goals for my year here is to become as fluent as possible in Hebrew. I am starting to grow concerned about the 75 minutes of Hebrew each day beginning in September (compared to the three hours daily we have now).

In discussions with our Hebrew teacher, she acknowledges that the school-year Hebrew is not enouth time to learn much more. She's helping me to develop solutions but I'm not happy that I will likely have to mix-and-match classes here at the CY along with a Hebrew Ulpan somewhere else. Hopefully I'll be able to find the right classes at the right time and hopefully they won't be too far away. It's all too frustrating! Why can't the CY offer a continuing Ulpan that is a large enough block of time each day to meet the needs of those who want Hebrew, Hebrew, and more Hebrew?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home