Hatikvah - A Blog About Life in Rabbinical School

Matt and Jen's blog about their adventures while Matt is in rabbinical school. Hatikvah, the name of the Israeli national anthem, means "the hope." This blog reflects their many hopes and adventures about their experiences during this process.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Answering Two Questions...

I keep meaning to post the answer to these two questions that I keep getting - 1) What are you doing with the animals? and 2) Will you travel abroad while in Israel?

1) Our animals consist of two cats and two dogs (one Border Collie, Jake and one Shetland Sheepdog, Tim). The two cats and Tim will remain living with Jen's parents and Jake will be going over to my Mom's and brother's house, where my 15 year-old brother (who is a high school football player and on the track team) will run Jake until they are both exhausted.

2) I would really, really like to go to Cyprus, Egypt (especially Cairo), Jordan (especially Petra), and Turkey (especially Istanbul) while we're in Israel. This, of course is in addition to our week in London, should we receive our student visa on time or at all.

Regarding the student visa - we haven't heard a thing but I'm thinking about calling an Israeli immigration attorney who works in Los Angeles to find out if we're going to get through this OK or not. Our timing is way too close. If there's any delay, no London. We have a small buffer because summer classes don't start until July 2. So, we have the June 19 to July 2 buffer. We'd just have to change the tickets and cancel the London hotel.

Note to Monica S. - You know me, I can't calm down! Imagine me pacing in double time. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home