Hatikvah - A Blog About Life in Rabbinical School

Matt and Jen's blog about their adventures while Matt is in rabbinical school. Hatikvah, the name of the Israeli national anthem, means "the hope." This blog reflects their many hopes and adventures about their experiences during this process.

Friday, January 26, 2007

What We Learn in Hebrew Class

Most often, the sentences we use in Hebrew class are pretty boring but yesterday, we were working with future tense verbs and we were working with the verb "to kill." We were also learning new vocabulary at the same time. So, the sentence where we had to conjugate the verb read, "Terrorists killed three Lebanese civilians." Good words to learn - killed, terrorists, and civilians. It sure beat a sentence from this morning that is definitely not Israeli - "I will stand in line for two hours." Not!

Hebrew class is going well; it still takes a lot of energy out of me each morning from 8-12:30 but my comprehension is increasing. I really tend to understand what my teacher is saying, sometimes more than other students, even the Arabic speakers. That feels great but I'm still a complete idiot when it comes to verbs but I'm working on it. As they say here, "L'at, l'at," (slowly, slowly; i.e. have patience, it will come).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home