Hatikvah - A Blog About Life in Rabbinical School

Matt and Jen's blog about their adventures while Matt is in rabbinical school. Hatikvah, the name of the Israeli national anthem, means "the hope." This blog reflects their many hopes and adventures about their experiences during this process.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Interstate 5

Disclaimer: I'm a geographer so I can't help thinking this way.

Over our last decade together, Jen and I have lived in five different cities in California (including one city twice). We have never lived outside the state. In each of those places, we have always been within a short drive of Interstate 5, the highway that is the backbone of California, running through the state from the Oregon border to Mexico. Being close to I-5 has always been a comfort for me because my family lives in two pockets - one in the north and one in the south. I-5 has always been the connection between familiar places for me.

Next Monday we'll be leaving the comfort of Interstate 5 for land that is terra incognita for us. I look forward to the journey but will definitely miss the comfort of my favorite Interstate highway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home