Hatikvah - A Blog About Life in Rabbinical School

Matt and Jen's blog about their adventures while Matt is in rabbinical school. Hatikvah, the name of the Israeli national anthem, means "the hope." This blog reflects their many hopes and adventures about their experiences during this process.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Home From the Hospital

This has been a difficult week. Not only have Matt and I been mental packing, shopping for last minute things, searching for interim housing, getting the dogs ready, etc., my dad has been in the hospital.

Last Saturday night he wasn't feeling well and we had to call 911 to have an ambulance take him to the hospital. He had open-heart surgery five years ago, so we knew that a high fever was not a good sign.

I was extremely worried about what to do. Matt and I had to seriously consider at what point to we postpone/cancel our trip? Luckily, after a couple days my dad started doing much, much better. Though he was definitely on the mend, the question remained "how long he was going to have to stay in the hospital?" Both "one week" and "two more weeks" and at one point even "twelve weeks" were thrown about as possibilities. Would I have to say goodbye to my dad for a year while he was still in the hospital? That would have been extremely difficult.

Yesterday, however, there was a wonderful turn of events and he was able to come home. The doctors found a way for the drugs he needs to take to be taken at home. So, I am so very grateful that my dad is doing so much better and that when I say goodbye, which will be extremely difficult to do anyway, it can be done at home and not at the hospital.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home